Punjab to dedicate 2008 to education and employment

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Chandigarh, Jan 12 (UNI) Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today declared 2008 as the year of education and employment generation in the state.

Mr Badal stated this here inaugurating an international conference on investment opportunities for global competitiveness and employment of Punjab's youth organised by International Punjabi Chamber for Service Industry (IPCSI) on 6th Annual Pravasi Punjabi Divas 2008.

Mr Badal said the state government had decided to undertake an extensive survey of the educated unemployed youth with rural background to enable them to get appropriate jobs keeping with their educational qualifications and experiences.

He said the department of employment generation set up by the government would directly supervise this task and the compilation of data therefore, would act as a reservoir to provide relevant jobs to the eligible candidates.

''The government has also focused its intention to generate tremendous potential for job opportunities for the unemployed youth by opening skill development centres to upgrade their skills so that they could be gainfully employed in the country as well as abroad,'' he said.

Mr Badal urged NRIs to come forward to help Adrash schools in the state monetarily as government was ready to bear 75 per cent of the cost component and the remaining 25 per cent would to be borne by them UNI PS HS VC1810

Please Wait while comments are loading...