Munger admin sends SOS to state govt

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Munger, Jan 2 (UNI) The Munger administration today sent an SOS message to the state capital requesting deployment of additional security forces to combat growing Maoists meance in the district.

Divisional IG A R Kinni here said that additional security forces were urgently required to tackle maoist extremism.'' The administration had sent an SOS message to the state government to immediately deploy the forces, he added.

He said, massive search operations were being conducted at the suspected hideouts of the maoists in the hilly areas of the district under the supervision of the DIG Manohar Prasad Singh and Police Superintendent Shalin.

Earlier, maoist guerrillas had gunned down four jawans of Special Auxiliary Police(SAP) and looted their AK-47 rifle and other firearms at Rishikunj picnic spot yesterday. The maoists had attacked the SAP jawans when they were on way to provide security to new year's revellers at Rishikund under Bariarpur police station area.

Continuing their tirade, the Maoists had kidnapped six students and a teacher of a local private school from Kharagpur lake area in Kharagpur forests on the occasion of Christmas Day celebrations last year.

Earlier, on December 18 last year three policemen, including an Assistant Commandant of CRPF were killed by the guerrillas at Kadma village in East Champaran district.

In a land mine blast in Munger district, the Maoists had also killed the then Police superintendent K C Sunder Babu, along with five other police personnel on January 5, 2005.

UNI XC RS-RH LL KLC1740

Please Wait while comments are loading...