Probe into Samjhauta blasts still inconclusive

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Chandigarh, Dec 28 (UNI) The probe into the Samjhauta Express blasts that left 68 people, mostly Pakistanis, dead on February 18 this year, remains inconclusive even over ten months after the tragedy.

Admitting that the Haryana Police could not bring the probe into the case to a conclusion so far, Haryana Director General of Police (DGP) R S Dalal said the investigators managed to take the probe to Indore from where the terrorists purchased suitcases in which bombs were planted on board Samjhauta Express but could not go any further.

He, however, asserted that the Haryana Police would endeavour to take the probe to a conclusion this year.

To a question, he said the CBI was urged to take up the probe into the Samjhauta blasts but the investigative agency expressed its inability to do so, saying it was already overworked.

Government Railway Police (GRP) SP Bharti Arora, who was in charge of the Samjhauta blasts probe, said a narco-analysis test was done on the owner and two salesmen of the Abhinandan Bag Centre of Indore from where the terrorists purchased the suitcases.

The report of the narco-analysis tests, conducted in Bangalore, was awaited, she said.

To a question, she said the investigators were also looking into other angles in the case but refused to disclose anything in this regard.

UNI

Please Wait while comments are loading...