Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu, Dec 27 (UNI) As many as 97 students of a panchayat union school were hospitalised for suspected food poisoning after they partook noon meals at the school at Oothukadu village in Kumbakonam in this district today.
Police sources said the students, including 50 girls, were rushed to the Kumbakonam Government Hospital after they started vomiting and fainted.
Hospital sources said the children were out of danger. However, they would be kept under observation in the hospital till tomorrow.
Tamil Nadu Statistics and Ex-servicemen Minister Ko Si Mani visited the children at the hospital and directed the hospital authorities to provide proper treatment to them.