Imphal, Dec 24 (UNI) Manipur Chief Minister O Ibobi Singh today handed over Rs one lakh each to the family members of eight persons, including five women, who were killed in a bomb blast at Pourabi in Imphal East on December 16.
The Chief Minister also assured the people that the state government will take appropriate action against those involved in the blast.
The People's Liberation Army had already claimed responsibility for the blast and also apologised for the trauma caused to the victims' family members and the 30 other persons injured in the blast.
The Chief Minister said the incident was an unfortunate one and the state government would help the victims' relatives by providing other facilities.
He added that the state government will also take action against the Kuki militant groups for abducting people.
''The Kuki militant groups are supposed to stop such activities as they are on ceasefire with the Army,'' he said, adding that he would take up the matter with the Army.
Mr Singh said the state government was also trying to complete the ongoing sewerage project in Aizawl.
Later, the Chief Minister convened a meeting to discuss the progress of the sewerage project.