Chennai, Dec 24: A major fire broke out at an automobile spare parts shop in the busy General Patters Road off arterial Anna Salai in the city today.
Fire services sources said there were no casualties. An electrical short circuit was stated to be the reason for the fire, in which the entire shop was gutted. About eight fire fighting units and several metrowater tanker lorries battled hard for nearly three hours to bring the fire under control.
The shop was selling automobile spareparts and helmets.Traffic on the busy road was affected following the mishap.
The total loss to property due to the fire was being estimated.