Ahmedabad, Dec 23: Following are the facts at glance in the Gujarat assembly elections.
1) 182 members to be elected for the 12th Gujarat Assembly.
2)1,268 candidates contested in the two - phase election. (1000 candidates in 2002) -- Nearly 40,000 EVMs were used in the elections.
3) 59.74 per cent electorate caste their votes of the total 3.659 crore voters.
4) 40,468 polling booths were set up in the entire state. (36,684 polling booths in 2002).
5) BJP is contesting on all 182 seats followed by Congress in 172 and BSP 166.
6) 480 candidates are contesting as Independents.
7) Seven BJP rebels contested on Congress tickets.
Abdasa - Largest assembly constituency area-wise
Chorasi (1593907 voters) - Largest assembly constituency electorate wise
Women candidates 88 (BJP 22, BSP 5 and Congress 14)
Prominent leaders got show cause; Sonia Gandhi, Digvijay Singh, Chief Minster Narendra Modi and Vijay Kumar Malhotra.
More than 52,000 CPMFs security personnel were deputed during the election.
Nearly 8,169 (4830 in phase two and 3339 in the first phase) micro-observers were deployed.
Around 7.8 per cent voters (2.5 million) had identified as shifted or absentee electorate.
Repolling was held only in three polling stations because of technical reasons.
No rigging and booth capturing was reported because of strict steps taken by the EC.