Imphal, Dec 19 (UNI) Manipur's Director General of Police Y Joykumar today termed as ''unfounded'' the allegation of the proscribed Revolutionary People's Front (RPF) that the blast was triggered off by security personnel.
The RPF claimed to have planted the bomb, which was detected by the security personnel. The RPF had also alleged that the security personnel did not remove the bomb though they had knowledge about it. The DGP told mediapersons here that the allegations were ''unfounded and baseless'' and the circumstancial evidences had negated the claims of the militants. The DGP further said none had been nabbed so far in this connection.
Meanwhile, the toll in the blast rose to eight today with one more succumbing to injuries at the Regional Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) here.
Another 12 people with serious blast injuries were undergoing treatment at RIMS and JN hospital here.
In another incident, SP, Imphal West, Clay Khongsai said three cadres of the People's Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak were nabbed yesterday and they were involved in attacking a shop and a blast at Paona Bazaar earlier.
A 9 mm pistol with one magazine and seven live rounds were recovered.