Claims on BPL lists to be disposed of in 2 weeks

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Chandigarh, Dec 18 (UNI) Haryana Chief Parliamentary Secretary Dharambir Singh today said the claims and objections regarding lists of Below Poverty Line (BPL) families would be disposed of on a campaign basis within a period of two weeks.

Mr Dharambir Singh said the claims and objections received would be disposed of by the first Appellate Authorities, the officers nominated by Deputy Commissioners on priority basis by conducting public hearing in the concerned village itself.

Therefore, village-wise rosters were being drawn and the villages would be allotted to gazetted officers including Tehsildars or Sub-divisional Magistrates for hearing claims or objections received from the villagers.

He said the matter regarding finalisation of lists of Below Poverty Line (BPL) families had been reviewed by Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda and many decisions had been taken in addition to the instructions already issued by the Rural Development Department in this regard.

The Chief Minister has made it clear that the Deputy Commissioners would be responsible to ensure inclusion of all eligible families and deletion of ineligible families from the BPL lists.

Sensitisation and briefing of the officers, nominated by the Deputy Commissioners as first Appellete Authorities, would be organised at the district level. All the relevant instructions on the subject issued from time to time would be made available to such officers, he added.

Mr Dharambir urged the people not to be misled by the false propaganda of the opposition as all eligible persons would be included in the BPL lists and names of ineligible persons would be excluded.

UNI

Please Wait while comments are loading...