Mumbai, Dec 12 (UNI) Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister and Home Minister R R Patil today said the government was ready to review security provided to Bollywood star Shahrukh Khan in view of the alleged ransom threat to him.
''So far, I am unaware of any such threat. We have already provided security to Khan, however, we are ready to review it, if needed,'' Mr Patil said here today while reacting to reports, that the actor had recieved a Rs two crore ransom call from gangster Bunty Pandey, in a section of media.
Mr Khan allegedly got repeated calls from the gangster demanding a sum of Rs two crore. He has informed about the calls to the city police and its Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS). It was reported that Pandey had sent six goons to Shah Rukh to ''speak'' to him personally.
ATS Chief K P Raghuvanshi was not available for his comment on the issue.