Kerala to set up IT infrastructure company

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Thiruvananthapuram, Dec 11 (UNI) The Kerala Government today decided to establish a company to give a boost to the infrastructure development in the field of information technology.

Briefing newspersons here after a cabinet meeting, Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan said the government would set apart Rs 50 crore during the coming financial year for the proposed IT Infrastructure Kerala (ITIK).

He said the government would have 51 per cent share holding in the company, while the remaining 49 per cent would be in the private sector.

''Several international players in the IT sector have envisaged keen interest to launch their operation in Kerala. We are committed to providing basic infrastructure to the companies coming to the state,'' he added.

He said the Cabinet also decided to issue a notification for the acquisition of land in Aluva-Thrippunithura stretch for the proposed Kochi Metro Rail project.

Regarding the land for the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) to set up the space institute, he said Ministers of Revenue and Law and the Chief Secretary had been authorised to hold talks with the ISRO officials on the 100 acres of land offered to the institute at Ponmudi and present the report at the next cabinet meeting.

He said 50 acres of land would be provided to the State Fisheries Resources Management Society for setting up an oceanarium at Puthu Vaipin in Kochi.


Please Wait while comments are loading...