Panaji, Dec 10 (UNI) The Goa Government has decided to make a special mention before the Supreme Court about Karnataka Government launching works related to disputed diversion of Mahdei inter-state waters even as the former's petition had been pending disposal in the apex court.
Disclosing this to media persons at a hurriedly convened press conference here today, Chief Minister Digambar Kamat and Water Resources Minister Fillip Neri Rodrigues said the Government had already sent a team of officials incognito to the sites in Karnataka, where disputed works have begun recently on Mahdei river basin.
The Government, they said, would make a mention before the Supreme Court possibly on coming Monday on the basis of the ''status report'' to be prepared by the official team which is likely to be back in Goa today with adequate evidence.
It might be recalled that the Supreme Court had been awaiting the reply of the Centre on the issue for several months before commencing hearing of the petition filed by the Goa Government challenging Karnataka Government going ahead with the works related to construction of reservoirs on the river basin.
Reacting to the development, Mr Rodrigues said Karnataka with no elected government in power had started works for gaining ''political expediency'' in the coming elections.
Both however, assured Goans that the State Government was much more concerned with the development in Karnataka and would spare no effort in removing their apprehensions on the issue by stalling the works.