Chandigarh, Dec 6 (UNI) The Uttar Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam has achieved a new record of issuing over one lakh temporary or permanent disconnection orders against the non-payers in a month's period.
These orders had been issued during the special campaign launched for disconnection of electricity supply of non-paying consumers against the target of 66668 disconnections in November.
A UHBVN spokesman said here today that a sum of Rs 132 crore was pending against 100135 consumers, whose disconnection orders had been issued in the first phase. It was observed that 50398 disconnections had been made by the field staff during the month of November.
The disconnections of the remaining non-payers had to be effected by the field staff for which the period of disconnection campaign has been extended upto December 15.
The Nigam has recovered Rs 27.34 crore from the non-payers during the special campaign period up to November 30. He said the instructions had specifically been given to the field staff to ensure that the power supply system including cable and meters be removed from the premises so that the drawl of electricity was not possible keeping in view the Nigam's instructions.
He said the Nigam had also detected 9718 cases of pilferage of electricity during the current financial year and imposed a penalty of Rs 9.06 crore on the erring consumers out of which Rs 4.31 crore had been recovered.