Minor fire breaks out in building

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Mumbai, Dec 6 (UNI) A minor fire broke out on the ground floor of the 'Windsor Chamber', a commercial-cum-residential complex, in the Fort area of the metropolis today The building also houses an old age home.

According to fire brigade sources, the fire broke out in a lift cabin on the ground floor of the building, adjoining the Gujarati Newspaper 'Janmbhoomi' office, at around 1830 hrs. The fire is believed to have been caused due to short-circuit.

Eight fire engines, three ambulances and three special appliances, four water tankers and two sky lifts were pressed into service to extinguish the fire and rescue the trapped residents.

The firemen succeeded in dousing the fire and rescuing the trapped.

However, there were no reports of casualties, the sources added.


Please Wait while comments are loading...