TN Govt to take steps to trace missing youth as per HC order

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Chennai, Dec 5 (UNI) The Tamil Nadu Government will continue to take steps as per Madras High Court order to trace the missing Tamil youth, who was reportedly murdered and his body kept at a hospital mortuary in Malayisa ten months ago.

An official release here said the Madurai bench of the High Court yesterday, directed the State Government to take steps on the reported murder of one Suseendran, hailing from Ilayangudi, on January 28 in Malaysia, whose body was received on September 10.

However, based on media reports, the Government had written to the Indian embassy in Malaysia on September 1 and the copies were also sent to the External Affairs Ministry Secretary.

On September 3, the State Home Secretary had spoken to the embassy officials in Malaysia and requested them to take urgent steps on the issue. A letter from the youth's father was also sent to the embassy, the release said.

The Malaysian embassy, in its reply on September 5 and 26, had stated that the body of the youth was not found in any of the hospitals and no case of murder had been registered. Despite that, all the documents given by the parents of the youth were sent to the Indian embassy in Malaysia for further action.

When the case came up for hearing before the Madras High Court yesterday, all the steps taken by the Government were informed to the court and relevant documents were sent to the Chief Justice for his attention.

In his letter to the Government, the public prosecutor said the first bench of the High Court had expressed satisfaction about the steps taken by the Government. Since the External Affairs Ministry had to take expeditious steps on the issue, the court had decided to issue notice to it, he added.

UNI

Please Wait while comments are loading...