Bangalore, Nov 26 (UNI) A major fire broke out in a software firm here in the early hours of today.
Fire fighters, who rushed to the spot put out the fire after a two-hour battle. No deaths were reported.
The Chief Fire Officer Ramesh said the fire broke out in the first floor of Genesis Microchip (India) around 0530 hrs and it was extinguished before it spread to other floors.
Mr Ramesh said short circuit might have caused the fire. A part of the facility in the first floor was destroyed and the extent of damage was yet to be ascertained, he added.