Kolkata, Nov 26 (UNI) An ice-cream factory was gutted and three adjacent houses damaged in a blaze that broke out at Tiljala along E M By-Pass late last night.
Police said here today the exact extent of loss has not yet been determined.
Fire brigade sources added the blaze broke out at 1230 hours and it required four fire tenders and over three hours of fire-fighting to douse the flames.
Police said after initial investigation, it seemed the fire broke out from a short-circuit.
Local residents, whose houses were damaged, claimed they had repeatedly requested the factory owners to repair their electric lines as two small fires had broken out in the same factory previously.
They alleged that the authorities have paid no heed to their demands and the fire that broke out last night was a result of their negligence.
There is a little tension in the area now for the fire.