Hisar, Nov 26 (UNI) Consumers using gas geysers in bathrooms must ensure proper ventillation to avoid falling unconscious, which could even lead to death, experts here have warned.
Speaking at a consumer awareness meet here over proper use of heating gadgets used during winters, Prof M L Garg said, there were reports of about half a dozen consumers suffering because of emissions by gas geysers.
''For the ignition of LPG, oxygen gas is required in that area due to which the gadget emits corbon-mono-oxide which has no odour or smell. It mixes up with the blood gradually as during winters people shut windows and exhaust fans. Due to shortage of oxygen in body, the person falls unconscious and it can lead to death even,'' explained Prof. Garg who teaches chemistry in a college here.
Prof Garg advised consumers to keep cylinders outside and ensure that the bathroom wad airy. Only the tap of hot water be connected inside the bathroom, he added.
UNI XC JN JS1820 Devendra Uppal Journalist, 33.S Model Town, Hisar-125005, Haryana, India