Shimla, Nov 21 (UNI) Property estimated to be about Rs 50 lakh was gutted in a devastating fire in Kinnuar district of Himachal Pradesh, though no loss of life was reported, police today said.
The fire in Kafnu market of the district completely gutted 24 rooms before being controlled after five hours of labour by local people and arrival of fire personnel who were stationed a few kms away from the site of the fire.
The police said short circuit was probably the cause of the fire, which was reported at about 1500 hrs yesterday and added that no loss of life was reported in the incident.
According to preliminary information, the fire had caused an estimated loss of Rs 50 lakh.
The district administration announced an immediate relief of Rs 5,000 each to the affected people besides ration supply, it said.
A case has been registered and investigations are on, the police added.