3 die after consuming contaminated water: Govt denies reports

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Jaipur, Nov 21 (UNI) Denying reports of three deaths due to consumption of contaminated water in the walled city of Jaipur, the Rajasthan Government today said those deaths were due to varied sort of routine diseases.

However, in view of media reports appeared in this connection, the government had set up a committee of officials headed by a magistrate to investigate in depth into the circumstances of these deaths in the light of facts given in the media and medical and chemical reports of the treatment of the deceased and samples of the water given by the doctors and experts of Public Health Engineering Department(PHED), PHED Minister Sawar Lal Jat and PWD Minister Rajendra Singh Rathore said.

Mr Rathore said the committee headed by Additional District Magistrate(Jaipur City First) would probe into the matter and would submit the report in a fortnight.

Mr Jat and Mr Rathore said the deaths of two children and an old man, reported by the media to be due to contaminated water consumption were actually due to various sort of diseases.

They said two medical camps had been set up in the walled city localities following the reports of supply of contaminated water and spread of water bourne diseases among the locals.

Around 750 patients had been examined in the camps but none of them were found suffering from any water bourne diseases.

As many as 50 samples of water were taken from various localities including Laxminarainpuri, Srirampuri, Shyampuri, Harijan Basti and Sitarampuri between November 15 and 20, they added.

As many as 45 of the samples were found satisfactory while reports of five smaples taken yesterday were still awaited.

However, Mr Rathore and Mr Jat admitted that the service line being used for water supply in Jaipur was very old and was in dilapidated state. This line spreading into 24 Km long stretch would be changed by December 31 next, they assured.

According to reports, three persons - two children and an old man had died after consuming contaminated water between November 15 and 20 and around 500 were suffering from various water bourne diseases.

The people of the affected areas had held demonstration and blocked traffic at various points to protest against the supply of ''contaminated water''.

UNI

Please Wait while comments are loading...