Punjab DGP says no breakthrough in Shingar blast case

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Ferozepur, Nov 5 (UNI) Punjab Director General of Police N P S Aulakh today said police has so far made no breakthrough in the last month's Shingar bomb blast at Ludhiana, which left 6 dead and 33 injured.

The matter is being investigated but so far nothing concrete has emerged and no one has claimed responsibility, he said while talking to mediapersons here.

The DGP denied that police officials were playing in the hands of politicians and maintained that they were doing their duty honestly and sincerely.

Mr Aulakh later reviewed the law and order situation and also inspected the local police stations.

Later, while addressing the police personnel, Mr Aulakh said the role of police in the changing scenario had become more challenging. He laid stress on better and result-oriented policing, besides adopting a people-friendly approach.

UNI

Please Wait while comments are loading...