Auto strike in Kozhikode on Nov 20

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Kozhikode, Nov 5 (UNI) As many as 6,000 autorickshaws in this district of Kerala will be off the roads on November 20 with the Auto Owners Welfare Association (AOWA) deciding to go on a token strike, demanding exemption from the employees welfare fund scheme announced by the State Government recently.

The decision was taken at a working committee meeting of the Association held here yesterday, AOWA Secretary C P Haris said in a release here today.

He said 75 per cent of the autos were driven by owners themselves and forcing them to contribute to the welfare fund was not justifiable. The rest of the 25 per cent drivers would not be benefitted from the welfare fund scheme as no permanent employee existed in the sector, he opined.

Seeking to redress their grievances, the Association was planning to meet the Minister concerned soon, he added.


Please Wait while comments are loading...