Pak says Asif's pull out not to affect bowling department much

Subscribe to Oneindia News

New Delhi, Nov 3 (UNI) Pakistan today warned India that despite the last minute pull-out of pacer Mohammad Asif, the visitors had enough ammunition to unsettle top Indian batsmen in the five-match ODI series starting on Monday.

''We will feel the absence of Asif, but we have a good pace attack even without him and India can take us lightly to their peril,'' left arm pacer Sohail Tanvir said here.

''Akhtar bhai has come back and had a good outing in the last ODI against South Africa. Other pacers are also raring to go at the Indian top batsmen,'' he told reporters at a media interaction a day before leaving for Guwahati for the first match on Monday.

Spinner Abdur Rehman felt it would be an honour to bowl at modern greats like Sachin Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly, but said he would not be overawed by their batting or by anything.

''It is an honour to bowl at them. I will try to bowl my best to them rather than be overawed by them,'' he added.

Tanvir agreed that Indian bowling attack has never been so good for a long time.

''Before this (current bowlers), Indian bowling has not been that good. They are bowling fantastic, but we are also up against them,'' said the 22-year-old who idolises legendary left arm pacer Wasim Akram.

Opening batsman Salman Butt agreed. ''It (Indian pacers) is a good bowling attack. They have done good in the recent past,'' he said though refusing to pick the best among the Indian attack.

Tanvir, who have played just four ODIs so far, said bowling at sub-continental pitches were always tough but have been used to now after playing lots of domestic cricket.

UNI

Please Wait while comments are loading...