Blast convict dies of heart attack

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Coimbatore, Oct 31 (UNI) Sabur Rahman, convicted in the Coimbatore serial bomb blast case and awarded life term by the special court last week, died here today following a massive heart attack.

Police said Rahman (38), lodged in the Central Prison here, after the Bomb Blast Special Court awarded him life plus 17 years imprisonment on October 24, suffered severe chest pain and died after he was admitted to hospital.

Soon after he complained of chest pain, he was rushed to the Coimbatore Medical College Hospital. Within 30 minutes after he was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit, he collapsed, police said. His body was kept in the Medical College Hospital mortuary.

The Special Court, which awarded sentences to the blast case accused on October 24, convicted and sentenced Rahman, cited as accused number 15 in the case, to life for criminal conspiracy. The court had also held him guilty under the Explosive Substances Act and for promoting enmity between two religion.

Rahman was earlier awarded three life sentences by a Fast track court in connection with other cases.

UNI

Please Wait while comments are loading...