Darbhanga, Oct 26 (UNI) Altogether three members of a family died after drinking contaminated water at Ajamnagar area under University police station here last night.
Police here today said Darbhanga Municipal Corporation employee Satyanarayan Yadav (50), his wife Meena Devi (45) and their daughter Poonam Kumari (18) fell unconscious after drinking water from a bucket in their house.
They were rushed to the nearby R B Memorial hospital, where they succumbed to ailment during treatment.
Police have found a dead lizard in the bucket and suspect the water might have turned poisonous following this.
The bodies had been sent for postmortem.