Srinagar, Oct 25 (UNI) Four labourers from Bihar died in sleep due to asphyxiation at the XIV Corps Headquarters at Leh in Jammu and Kashmir, police said today.
The labourers were working in the newly constructed XIV Corps Headquarters Complex at Leh.
They died in sleep, apparently due to consumption of carbon monoxide gas caused by burning of charcoal in a 'bukhari inside a closed room to warm themselves, police said.
The deceased have been identified as Roshan Sada, Sanjay Kumar, Ramesh Uraon and Rajesh Uraon, they added.
Police have registered a case under section 174 CrPC to ascertain the cause of death.