Dehradun, Oct 25 (UNI) Former Uttarakhand Director General of Police Prem Dutt Raturi today said two of the aspiring senior police officers listed among the probables of future DGP in the state were not compatible to be promoted as DGP.
Mr Raturi who is also one of the accused in Sub Inspector recruitment scam told mediapersons here that both Additional Director General, CID, Alok B Lal and ADG, Home Guard, Rakesh Mittal were not fit for the DGP post. Distributing the Confidential Report of both the officers written by him during his tenure amongst the scribes, former DGP disclosed that both the officers had been assessed 'Below average and untrustworthy Officers'.
Mr Raturi said that both the officers were not fit for any assignment of public importance and of responsibilities of Police Department.
Mr Raturi has requested Chief Minister Maj Gen (Retd) not to install any person as DGP who is not fit for the post.
Meanwhile, when contacted ADG Lal reacting to former DGP's statement said on phone that the statement of Mr Raturi was the result of frustration. He claimed that the statement of a person who himself was one of the accused in a recruitment scam carries no weightage. Mr Lal alleged that Raturi had pressurised him to give wrong statement during CBI investigation in the scam. ''He is now taking revenge against me by issuing such adverse statement for not obliging him then, that too after his retirement,'' Mr Lal asserted.
He said when he was promoted to ADG, Mr Raturi was one of the members of interviewing panel. Mr Lal, describing the report issued to the media ''fake,'' said he was taking legal advice to file defamation case against Mr Raturi.
The tenure of present Uttarakhand DGP is ending on 31 October and ADGs Lal and Mittal are two of the listed probables.