Islamabad, Oct 24 (UNI) The Pakistan Peoples Party has demanded the government to immediately remove its chief Benazir Bhutto's name from the Exit Control List (ECL).
The party has also asked Interior Ministry to withdraw Red Corner Notice issued by Interpol against Bhutto.
''I have faxed a letter in this regard to the interior secretary on his official number besides dispatching a copy by courier to him, but I haven't received any response so far,'' Daily Times quoted Bhutto's lawyer Farooq Naek as saying.
Officials confirmed receiving Mr Naek's letter and said a decision on the issue would be taken after due consideration.
Mr Naek said Ms Bhutto's husband Asif Zardari's name was taken off the ECL in 2005 following court orders.
Meanwhile, Federal Railways Minister Sheikh Rashid said the people working under the flag of imperialism would face more suicide attacks, as there was a strong reaction to US policies in Pakistan.
He said Ms Bhutto's talk of discussions with extremists had come too late. ''She should have given this statement before coming to Pakistan. She was told that her life was in danger,'' he added.
The minister, however, declined to respond to a question whether President Pervez Musharraf was also a target for suicide attacks, for being a US supporter.
Sheikh Rashid said the president had agreed to remove the bar on third-time premiership in his and Bhutto's first meeting, but had not been willing to withdraw the cases against her.
He expressed disapproval over a statement by ruling PML chief Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain that implied that the PPP was involved in the Karachi blasts. He said a working relationship between the political parties was very important for democracy.
He also demanded that Bhutto, as ''she is rich'', should announce at least Rs 10 million for each person that died on October 18.
''The time of politicking on dead bodies is over. The electronic media conducts a postmortem for everyone from the government to the opposition. Nobody can gag the judiciary or media,'' he added.