5 of family die after consuming poisonous food

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Lucknow, Oct 24 (UNI) Five children of a family died and as many were taken seriously ill after consuming poisonous food the in Mohanlalganj area here today.

Police said the family of Asha Ram in Gopal Kheda had consumed the leftover of last night's dinner this morning.

Soon thereafter, the condition of the family members started deteriorating and they were rushed to the Balrampur hospital and the government hospital in Mohanlalganj.

However, two children died at Mohanlalganj and three at Balrampur hospitals.

The deceased were identified Deepa (10), Anita (6), Ram Bhikari (7), Ram Magan (9) and Karna.

Meanwhile, Asha Ram, his wife Shanti, daughters Vimla and Sunita, and son Sarvesh, were under treatment at the Balrampur hospital.

Later, district officials reached the spot and issued directives to provide financial aid to the bereaved family.

Prima facie, it appeared that some poisonous substance or venomous insect fell in the food making it toxic, officials added.

The food sample had been sent for testing.

Investigations were on.


Please Wait while comments are loading...