Kohima, Oct 19: The Naga Students' Federation (NSF) has threatened to paralyse the entire state if their demands for an enquiry into the misuse of Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) fund alloted by the state government's Education department were not met.
They have, furthermore, threatened to hold the government responsible for the deteorioration in the education system.
Addressing a press conference here last evening, NSF vice-president Charles Lotha, General Secretary Hetoi Chishi and Education Secretary Aheto Achumi told news persons that they had completed their second phase of agitation yesterday by locking the offices of the Director of School Education among other offices of the department throughout the state and they were going to chalk out the third phase of the agitation very soon.
Aheto informed that an amount of Rs 60 crore had been sanctioned for Nagaland in the last fiscal for the SSA. However, only Rs 34 crore had been utilised.
Hetoi said held the inefficiency of the SSA officials responsible for the 'lapse' in the system. He further maintained that a major portion of the fund had not been withdrwan for the purpose.