Electronic goods records and furniture gutted in fire

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Rajkot, Oct 19 (UNI) A major fire broke out in a five-storeyed commercial complex situated at Yagnik road here today, destroying electronic goods, furniture, bank loan records and other items worth over Rs 30 lakh.

The accident occurred around 1230 hrs.

Chief Fire Officer R K Maheshwari told UNI over phone that eight fire tenders and 30 firemen were pressed into service to put out the flames and controlled the fire after battling for four hours.

However, no one was injured in the fire.

ICCI bank office was situated in the second storey from where the first smoke was noticed, the chief officer added.

The fire was reportedly caused due to a short-circuit in the air condtion chamber in one of the offices of the second-floor of the complex, Mr Maheshwari said.

Shop keepers estmiated the loss could touch over Rs one crore.


Please Wait while comments are loading...