Junagadh, Gujarat, Oct 18 (UNI) A monk died after being being bitten by a poisonous snake on the outskirts of Santarola village in Bhesan taluka of this district last evening.
However, before the poison took effect on him, the monk struck the snake with a sword and cut it into three peices.
Ramgiri Kailashgiri (50) of Amrut Ashram was performing ''puja'' last evening when a snake slithered to his side and bit him.
A furious Ramgiri snatched his sword and vent his fury on the creature. Both Ramgiri and the snake were found dead.