UBA admits misidentification of disqualified players

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Dehradun, Oct 17 (UNI) Organising unit of 21st Sub-Junior National Badminton Championship-2007 Uttarakhand Badminton Association, today clarifying its glaring mistake, admitted that the shuttlers who were disqaulified owing to over age in the tournament were not from Goa but from Madhya Pradesh.

Media in charge of UBA Alaknanda today told UNI, that there had been some mis-communication with the media in this regard. She admitted that the Goa was the side that had come up with the complaint and non of its players were disqulified. She said that 8 players who were disqualified for over age after medical check-ups, belonged to two each from Uttar Pradesh, Mizoram, Punjab and Madhya Pradesh.

Goan coach Roshan Lal too expressing his surprise said that non of his players had been subjected to medical check-ups, leave aside disqualification.

It may be recalled that the Championship was rocked after so many players were disqualified that too in the semi-final stage. The Organising unit BAI had earlier fed the media with information that 8 players wee disqualified after medical check-ups, including two each from UP, Punjab, Mizoram and Goa. It also did not disclose about disqualification of one of the player from Andhra Pradesh, who reached Boys Under-13 finals.

Media came to know about it only after he withdrew from the final match that was slated to be played late evening in front of the Chief Guest yesterday. Mrs Alaknanda today admitted that he was also found over age taking the number of disqualified players to 9. The tournament concluded on Tuesday late evening.

UNI

Please Wait while comments are loading...