Contaminated 'chaat' kills 4; 110 ill

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Gonda, Oct 16 (UNI) At least four people, including three women, today died and 110 others fell seriously ill after consuming contaminated 'chaat' at an Eid fair in the district.

''On Sunday, several people came under the grip of diarrhoea after consuming contaminated 'chat' from a stall in Vishnapur village,'' district magistrate Muktesh Mohan Mishra said here.

The victims were admitted to various hospital, where Sophia (6), Roshan Jahan (12), Saidul Jahan (5) and Dayaram (75) succumbed today.

Besides, 110 others were still convalescing at the district hospital and a temporary hospital run from a primary school premises.

Most of the victims hailed from Vishnapur, Parsada and Belbhariya villages.

An investigation was on.


Please Wait while comments are loading...