Two youths die of asphyxiation

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Jalandhar, Oct 13 (UNI) Two youths died of asphyxiation and smoke inhalation after they entered a dry gutter at Basti Baba Khel here last evening, police said today .

ASI Navdeep Singh told UNI that Bechain Mehta and Pooran Chand, both migratory workers, probably died after inhaling some poisonous gas present inside the nearly 10-foot-deep gutter.

The duo entered the dry manhole, situated inside their hut, to retrieve a plate that had fallen in it.

The exact cause of death could be ascertained after the post-mortem report, he said.


Please Wait while comments are loading...