Bahraich, Oct 13 (UNI) Four members of a family, including two minors, died and two others fell seriously ill after consuming poisonous food in Fakharpur area here today.
District Magistrate Sudhir Kumar Srivastava told UNI here, the family of Shatrughan Srivastava of village Bhilora Basu had consumed 'rotis' made of poisonous flour last night.
This morning, Shatrughan (70) and his wife Shyamkali (60) were found dead.
Other family members, including Shatrughan's sons Rajesh and Surat, grandson Deepak (5) and granddaughter Vijaylaxmi were rushed to district hospital in critical condition.
Later, Deepak and Vijaylaxmi also succumbed.
The matter was under investigation.