No security lapse in Ajmer Sharif: Raje

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Ajmer, Oct 12 (UNI) Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje today ruled out any lapse on the part of the security forces leading to the blast in the Ajmer Sharif yesterday.

Ms Raje while talking to newspersons after visiting the shrine of the famous Sufi Sant Khawaja Moinuddin Chisti said ''the state has been witnessing agitation of one sort or the other for some time but that does not mean that all security personnel had been diverted to control the agitation.'' She said there was no reduction in the number of security personnel at the Dargah.

The Chief Minister said Ajmer Dargah is the biggest Muslim pilgrim centre in Asia and has a foolproof security. But there was a limitation to the number of security personnel deployed in a religious place. Security personnel are investigating the blast and the culprits would be brought to book at any cost at the earliest, she added.

Ms Raje refuted allegation of the oppostion Congress of security lapses as the central warning of the possibility of a blast was neglected.

About the opposition seeking her resignation on moral grounds, she said ''it was not time for arguments. All parties had to work together to maintain place and order.'' She said ''Ajmer Dargah is a symbol of communal harmony and brotherhood and the culprits masterminded the dastardly act with an aim to distrub peace and harmony''. She complimented the people for maintaining peace and harmony.

Rajasthan Home Minister Gulab Chand Kataria, Water Resources minister Sabarmal Jat, Health Minister Digamber Singh, Transport Minister Yunus Khan and minister of state for education Vasudev Devnani had accompanied the chief minister to the shrine.

The chief minsiter also visited the Jawaharlal Nehru Hospital and spoke to the injured.

UNI

Please Wait while comments are loading...