Four members of a family charred to death

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Dehradun, Oct 9 (UNI) Four members of a family were charred to death and one sustained serious injuries when a fire broke out in their house in this district of Uttarakhand early morning today.

According to the police sources, the house of one Anil Gupta (55) caught fire due to short circuit at Khurbura Mohalla under Kotwali thana, killing him and his daughter Lovnee (21) on the spot.

His sons Chintu (20) and Shekhar (15) were taken to the Doon Hospital but they succummed to their injuries. The condition of his third son, Abhi (23) was also stated to be critical.

The accident took place at aruond 0400 hrs when they were fast asleep, the police said.


Please Wait while comments are loading...