Delhi Govt to submit report on blulines on Oct 11

Subscribe to Oneindia News

New Delhi, Oct 9 (UNI) Under fire from the High Court for non-stop road deaths due to Bluelines and facing protests from several quarters after Sunday's incident the Delhi government today said it would submit a status report to the court on the issue on Thursday.

''The Government will submit a status report to the Delhi High Court on Thursday on the matter,'' Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said on the sidelines of a function for signing of Gas Sale Agreements between the Pragati Power Corporation Ltd and Bharat Petroleum Ltd, Gas Authority of India Ltd and the Indian Oil Corporation Limited for the 1500 MW combined Cycle Gas Turbine Power project Pragati III at Bawana.

Infact, at a high-level meeting last night, chaired by the Chief Minister and attended by state Transport minister Haroon Yousuf and senior officers of the transport department, deliberations were held on the reply to be given to the court.

Reacting to Sunday's Blueline accident which killed eight people and injured nine other, the Delhi High Court yesterday took strong exception to the fatal accidents involving blueline buses, and asked the state government to prepare a detailed phase-out plan for the fleet that has claimed 94 so far lives this year.

Meanwhile, two days after the accident, protests continued in Delhi against the devastation caused by the Bluelines.

Hundreds of BJYM workers today march towards Delhi Secretariat, demanding immediate resignation of the Chief Minister and the Transport Minister, they said, have failed to protect innocent citizens from the devastation of killer blueline buses and responsible for the deaths of the citizens.

More UNI

Please Wait while comments are loading...