New Delhi, Oct 4 (UNI) The Janata Dal (Secular) has not so far officially contacted the Congress for support for the continuance of the H D Kumaraswamy government in Karnataka, in the event of a break-up in the existing alliance with the BJP on the issue of transfer of power.
"They have not contacted me," AICC General Secretary in charge of Karnataka Prtiviraj Chavan told mediapersons at the party headquarters here, while asserting that the party had not finalised its strategy for Karnataka.
"It is a hypothetical question," he said, in reply to repeated questions on if the Congress would ultimately decide to extend support to the JD(S) to continue in power if the BJP withdrew support.
"Let the situation develop to such an extent requiring our action," he, however, said.
Mr Chavan, who is also Minister of State in the Prime Minister's Office said, the developments in Karnataka was now restricted between the JD(S) and the BJP. "We do not know if they have fallen out." On tomorrow's UPA-Left meeting on Indo-US Nuke deal, he said the discussion would be on the foreign policy in the context of the 123 agreement.
He said the government had already responded to a note on foreign policy submitted by the Left parties.
Asked if there was any possibility of a consensus emerging at the meeting tomrrow, Mr Chavan said "I cannot say anything... We are trying our best to resolve the issue and convince our freinds. This is a very important issue." UNI