MILAN, Oct 2 (Reuters) Alessandro Del Piero could leave Juventus after talks over a new contract stalled again, the club's sporting director Alessio Secco has said.
The 32-year-old striker joined Juve from Padova in 1993 and has gone on to become one of the club's greatest players, winning a European Cup in 1996.
Del Piero stuck with the club when they were relegated to Serie B last year because of a match-fixing scandal and helped the Turin side gain immediate promotion back to the top flight.
''There is a risk of losing him but we are doing all we can and there is an intention to find an agreement,'' Secco told SKY television.
''The details must stay within the club. It is a situation that is helping nobody.'' Del Piero was part of Italy's World Cup-winning squad last year but is not the player he once was.
He was dropped following a lacklustre performance in the 0-0 Euro 2008 qualifying draw against France last month and has since said he only wants to play for the Azzurri as a striker and not a midfielder.
Juventus striker partner David Trezeguet had looked set to leave in the close season after his relationship with club bosses broke down. However, he surprisingly signed a new deal and is now Serie A's joint top scorer with seven goals.
REUTERS BJR PM1445