UP cabinet approves BHEL's offer for 1000 mw Anpara D

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Lucknow, Sep 27 (UNI) The Uttar Pradesh cabinet today approved the commercial offer of the PSU Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) to build the 500x2 mw Anpara D thermal power project.

The cabinet, chaired by Chief Minister Mayawati, approved the BHEL's offer of Rs 3390 crore to build the boiler, turbine and generator (BTG) facilities of the power project. The Energy Task Force (ETF) and and the State Power Generation Corporation had already approved the BHEL's proposal after negotiations.

While the state government would seek 70 per cent of the cost from Rural Electrification Corporation (REC), it would invest the rest 30 per cent from its resources, a government spokesperson said here.

The civil work of the power project would be undertaken by the State Power Generation Corporation.

Meanwhile, the 1,000 Megawatt Coal based Anpara 'C' thermal power project, being among controversies even before its inception since early 1990s, is again in the focus as state government's permission to hike the generation capacity under question.

The project was awarded last year to Hyderabad-based private power company Lanco Kondapalli, which had outbid Reliance Energy and Essar Group.

Uttar Pradesh State Electricity Regulatory Commission (UPERC) has questioned the proposal of power Power Generation Corporation to suddenly increase the pwoer capacity by 20 per cent. The UPERC has also asked the Coproration to specify the legal provisions in this regard specially since it had already submitted that in 2005 that the increase in the capacity would require fresh clearance from the Ministry of Environment and from others which would lead to delay.


Please Wait while comments are loading...