Mumbai, Sep 23 (UNI) The designated TADA court is expected to take another two weeks before issuing a summons to actor Sanjay Dutt and ten other 1993 bomb blast convicts to appear before the court to receive copy of the judgement in the case.
Sanjay, along with ten others, were granted interim bail by the Supreme Court last month as the copy of the Judgement was not handed over to them by the designated court, which had awarded them various terms of imprisonment.
The Apex Court, while granting them bail, in its order held that they would have to surrender themselves before the authorities after receiving the copy of the judgement.
The designated court was earlier scheduled to hand over the copy of the judgement on September 27 to the convicts. Sources at the TADA court said the order, which may run into 6,000 pages, is not yet completely ready and it will take another two weeks.
The court staff was engaged in the work even during the court holidays.
Meanwhile, sources said Sanjay will appear before the court on September 27. He may be given the date, when the judgement copy will be handed over to him.
The Designated court will first hand over the copy of judgement to the eleven convicts, freed on bail, including Sanjay and his associates Yusuf Nalwala and film producer Sameer Hingora, three women convicts--Zaibunissa Kazi, Mobina Baya Bhiwandiwala, Rubeena Memon-Issa Memon and Yusuf Memon, the yonger brothers of prime absconding accused Tiger Memon, and three others Baba Chavhan, Aziz Shaikh and Sayed Altaf.
The copy will be later handed over to the convicts, who are in custody.
Once the convicts receive the copy, they can move the Supreme Court and file a regular bail plea or can file an appeal against the conviction awarded to them, the sources added.