Thiruvananthapuram, Sept 20: Mangalore Refinery&Petrochemicals Ltd (MRPL), an ONGC Group company and a mini-ratna I, today received the Jawaharlal Nehru Centenary Award for energy performance given to Indian refineries by Centre for High Technology (CHT), MoP&NG, post monitoring and evaluation of their annual energy performance.
MRPL has won the first prize in Energy Performance consecutively for the fourth time, a telling statement on the sustained commitment of the company to reduced energy indices and energy optimization processes. Shri R Rajamani, Managing Director, MRPL received the silver trophy from Shri Murali Deora, Hon'ble Minister for Petroleum&Natural Gas in the presence of Shri M S Srinivasan IAS, Secretary, P&NG, Dr Balaraman, Exec Director, CHT, Shri M B Lal, Chairman, Scientific Advisory Committee, MoP&NG, Shri B D Ghosh, Director, CHT and several luminaries from the oil industry from India and abroad.
Besides the Jawaharlal Nehru Award, MRPL has been conferred the following awards in 2006:
- Winner under Scheme No.II of the National Safety Awards-2006 given by the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India.
- II prize in Oil Industry Safety Award 2006-07 by Oil Industry Safety Directorate, MoP&NG, Government of India.
- Best Safety Performance award under the category of large industry division for the year 2006 from Department of Factories and Boilers, Government of Karnataka.
- Best Boiler Performance award under the category of power boiler for the year 2005-06 from Department of Factories and Boilers, Government of Karnataka.
- Runner Up award for Furnace and Boiler efficiency by Center for High Technology (CHT) during Oil&Conservation fortnight.
- Commendation Certificate for Large Scale Manufacturing Industry under Rajiv Gandhi National Quality Award-2006.
- Revised accreditation for its ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management System including Marketing and Bunker supply facility.
- Award for Best Exporter through New Mangalore Port Trust from the Federation of Karnataka Chamber of Commerce&Industry for the year 2006-07.