Bangalore, Sep 20 (UNI) Bharatiya Janata Party Member of Parliament H T Sangliana today alleged that laxity on the part of Karnataka Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy and Home Minister M P Prakash with regard to dealing with miscreants involved in atrocities on Christian community people in the last 18 months.
Speaking newsmen here, he said though he had brought to their notice on several occasions about atrocities no action had been initiated. It was unfortunate that even police force had turned a 'Nelson's eye' for such incidents, he rued adding that his visit with Mr Prakash did not yield any result in this regard.
He charged that atrocities were being perpetrated by 'self proclaimed people' who were beating innocent and peaceful Christians in the Churches. The allegation that forcible conversions into Christianity were being done was nothing but canard, he contended.
He said he would lead a rally in the city on September 22 to protest against the attack on Christians. The rally was aimed at creating awareness and not against any political outfit or religion or any individual, he clarified. A memorandum would be submitted to Governor Rameshwar Takur highlighting, among others, freedom of worship and propagation of one's religion as guaranteed by the Constitution of India, to stop atrocities against Christians and to conduct an inquiry into the alleged nexus between perpetrators of atrocities, politicians and police.