Lucknow, Sep 18 (UNI) Continuing its campaign against ''large scale irregularities'' committed during the recruitment of over 22000 police constables during the previous Mulayam Singh Yadav regime, the Uttar Pradesh government today anulled the recruitment of 3964 police and PAC constables and suspended six IPS officers.
With this, the state government has anulled the recruitments of 10,468 constables and suspended 18 IPS officers, including IGs, DIGs and SPs.
State principal secretary (Home) J N Chamber told reporters here the government has decided to cancel appointment of 3964 newly recruited cops through 10 services boards following large scale irregularities detected by the probe committee.
He, however, said cops appointed by Saharanpur service board were given a clean chit by the committee though they detected some minor lapses. DIG Prashant Kumar, who had headed the Saharanpur recruitment board, has not been suspended. ''An adverse entry has been made in his records,'' Mr Chamber said.
Those suspended today include Ramendra Vikram Singh and Ashok Kumar (both IGs) and B R Meena, Mukesh Shukla, V S Meena and Neelambja Chaudhury (all SPs).
DIGs S K Mathur, B B Bakshi, Akhilesh Mehrotra and Daljit Singh Chaudhury were once again found guilty of misconduct during recruitments. They were suspended on September 11 when the government had anulled the recruitments made by 14 boards. ''The new charges have been added in their chargesheets,'' he added.
''Reports on 18 boards have been received by the government...while action has been taken in 11 cases, seven others are pending decision,'' he said. With this, the government has received reports on 32 recruitment boards and action have been taken on 25 boards. The government has given clean chit to 7 boards so far.