Girl dies after consuming Ramzan gruel

Written by:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Chennai, Sep 18: A 13-year-old girl died after consuming gruel at a mosque as part of Ramzan festivities at Wallajahd near Vellore.

Police sources told the sources that the girl and her mother Taslima took the gruel offered at the mosque in their area. After some time they complained of vomitting and giddiness and were rushed to the Wallajah Government Hospital.

The girl was later shifted to the Vellore Government Hospital where she died. Police, quoting initial investigations, said the gruel was prepared with contaminated water.


Please Wait while comments are loading...