Lucknow, Sep 14 (UNI) Uttar Pradesh Deputy General of Police (DGP) Vikram Singh today clarified that at least five of the 55 state police recruitment boards did not commit any irregularities in their conduct.
Earlier, after a thorough inquiry, 14 of the 55 state police recrutiment boards were accused of conducting mass irregularities in recruiting constables for the state police department.
''Constables recruited through these boards might not be sacked...the probe committee has found that five boards had prima facie not committed irregularities,'' DGP Vikram Singh said here.
He, however, refused to give out the exact number of constables selected through these five boards.
So far, the government has cancelled the recruitments of 6504 constables recruited by this 14 boards. The report on the rest of the 41 recruitment boards would be submitted to the government by th end of this month.
Talking to reporters, Mr Singh said the allegation that sealed documents were not opened before the 70 police personnel (including 12 IPS) was not true. ''The documents pertaining to the case were opened and the inventories were made in the most transparent manner,'' he added.
To a poser on the involvement of politicans in the scam, he said since lodging of FIRs against the accused policemen was a quasi judicial process, he would not like to offer a comment without a tangible proof.
''You would see the best of police investigation and prosecution in the coming days...no one will be spared,'' he said, adding that there was no conspiracy to frame anyone.
He was reacting to a statement by former Chief Minister and Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, where he had alleged that efforts were on to fabricate his party leaders.
The recruitments were made between 2005-06 when Mr Yadav was the Chief Minister.
He said the police would also follow the directives of the Allahabad High Court which has asked police to initiate action against doctors who had made fake certificates about the physical fitness of constables earlier recruited and now removed from service.
The state government had on September 12 registered cases against 70 police officials, including 12 IPS officials for their alleged involvement in the police recruitment scam.
The enquiry committee probing the scam has recommneded registering of corruption cases against 12 senior police officials, 18 Additional SPs and 40 DSPs. Cases has been registered under various provisions of IPC including 420, 419, 467, 468 and 471 and has been sent to police stations concerning 14 recruitment boards for enquiry.
The suspended officials include Chavinath Singh (IG), R N Yadav, S K Mathur, B P Jogdand, Shailendra Pratap Singh, B N Tripathi, B B Bakshi and Akhilesh Mehrotra (all DIGs) and S K Gupta and K Satyanarayan (both SP rank).