Mumbai, Sep 13: Bollywood star Sanjay Dutt and eleven other convicts in 1993 Mumbai serial blast case who are at present on bail, may get reprieve as the designated TADA court here is unliklely to provide the certified copies of the judgment to them tomorrow.
According to sources, the full judgment, which is being typed at at present and which runs into some 6,000 pages, may take another one-and-a-half months before the onerous task is completed.
''The certified copies of the judgment will be provided to both the convicts and to those acquitted only after the typing and the binding job is over,'' the court sources said.
''We are working overtime to complete the task and have been working even on Sundays and other public holidays,'' the sources said while pointing out that every care is being taken to ensure that not even the slightest mistake or technical error creep in while typing since the judgment will be challenged by the convicts in the apex court.
The court had earlier fixed September 14 to hand over copies of the judgment to the convicts. Dutt was supposed to get the same on September 27, which now seems improbable.
Dutt, his friend Yusuf Nallwalla, two women convicts, Mobina Bhiwandiwala and Zaibunissa Kazi, members of Memon family (excepting Yakoob Memon) and others were granted interim bail by the apex court on the grounds that they had not received copies of the judgment.
The Supreme Court while granting them bail had directed them to surrender before the TADA court after they receive the copies of the judgment and then apply for the regular bail.
In a related development, Rubina Memon, sister-in-law of prime absconding accused Tiger Memon, was released from the Yerwada Jail in Pune after the TADA court yesterday issued her release order.
However, the two younger brothers of Tiger Memon, who have been convicted for life, are likely to be released from the jail tomorrow as the formalaties regarding their release were not yet complete.
The Memon brothers were granted bail by the apex court on the similar grounds.
The designated court had convicted 100 persons and awarded them sentences ranging from death to three years imprisonment for their involvement in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts which rocked the metropolis on March 12, 1993 in which 257 people were killed, 715 injured and properties worth crores of rupees were damged.