5 killed after inhaling obnoxious fumes

 
Share this on your social network:
   Facebook Twitter Google+    Comments Mail

Anand, Gujarat, Aug 9 (UNI) Five persons, including a woman, were asphyxiated to death while trying to rescue two baby pigeons which had accidentally fallen into an abandoned well at Zalabordi village, about 25 kms from here today.

Police said Pratapsinh Chauhan descended down the well to rescue the birds. But, he did not emerge out for a long time following which five others -- Sana Poonja Sodaparmar, Chiman Sodaparmar, Natwar Sodaparmar, Pratap Sodaparmar and Geeta Sodaparmar -- also descended down the well, police said.

Some obnoxious fumes, emanating from the well, rendered them groggy. However, all the six managed to get out of the well and were rushed to the hospital. But, five of them died while undergoing treatment and Pratap Chauhan is being treated at the civil health centre at Pansora town.

UNI RP-MP MAZ VA RN2339

Write a Comment